A senior Beckenham Councillor has accused the Labour Party of shameful scaremongering over the future of Beckenham Library.
Friday, September 11, 2020
Monday, September 7, 2020
- Over 100 million meals have been claimed under the Government’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme.
- 20,000 meals claimed under the scheme across the Lewisham West and Penge constituency.
- Conservatives urges local people to continue supporting local businesses as the UK bounces back from coronavirus
More than 20,000 meals were claimed across Lewisham West & Penge under the Government’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme, according to the latest statistics.
Friday, September 4, 2020
Peter Fortune calls on business across Bexley & Bromley to sign up to landmark Kickstart employment scheme
· New £2 billion Kickstart scheme will create thousands of new jobs for young people across UK, as part of coronavirus recovery
· Those on Universal Credit aged between 16-24 will be offered six-month work placements – with wages and training costs paid by the Government
· Local London Assembly candidate urges businesses across Bexley and Bromley to sign up
Councillor Peter Fortune has welcomed the Government’s landmark new Kickstart scheme and called on local employers to sign up and help young people into work to mark the opening of the initiative.
Thursday, August 13, 2020
King’s College NHS Foundation Trust to receive additional funding to upgrade A&E facilities ahead of winter
- King’s College NHS Foundation Trust to receive £2,981,000 to upgrade A&E facilities ahead of winter.
- Part of £1.5 billion announced by the Prime Minister to upgrade hospitals, accelerate hospital building and expand A&E facilities.
Councillor Mary Cooke has welcomed news that King’s College NHS Foundation Trust is set to receive an additional £2,981,000 in order to support A&E capacity ahead of the winter months.
Monday, August 10, 2020
Beckenham Library was one of the first in Bromley Borough to re-open on Monday 6 July as the Covid-19 lockdown eased. Although borrowing a pre-pack of books or using the computer has to be pre-registered*, Conservative Councillors and supporters (pictured socially distancing) welcomed the news.